forum for dally's story, fts ^_^

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dally
Admin

PostSubject: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:47 am

i received this mail:

Quote :
Dear author,
With all due respect, it seems as if your writing ability is not on par with those that produce works of literature for a living. For a small fee, a colleague and I are willing to completely rewrite your story to professional standards. This finished version of your work would still be yours, that you may do whatever it is you desire with. Here are some writing samples.

From Chapter 1
As the Hogwarts Express rumbled across the open countryside, Dally watched restlessly the scrolling scenery, a vacant expression dulling her ordinarily sharp features; the events of the last few weeks were only just now catching up with her. Unlike most aboard the Express, her magical ability had only recently been revealed. And, as if this hadn’t amounted to enough personal discovery for a lifetime, recent events had made plain that she was very-much-so a vampire.

Without warning, the train thundered into a tunnel, extinguishing all light save for the dim bulb in their compartment. Her view obstructed, Dally turned from the window, focusing instead on the body hunched lazily across from her. Edward Cullen, fellow vampire and lifelong friend of Dally’s, stared staunchly at the carpet, a thoughtful, almost frustrated look on his face. From this angle he almost looked as though he were scowling.

“Edward, Edward…you miss Bella, don’t you?”, asked Bella. Edward growled.

“I don’t want to talk about her!”

From Chapter 2
Dally sat alone in Ravenclaw's common room, hunched over the dark, oak desk, across the room from the fireplace. The crackling of the wood and the nearly inaudible sound of a quill on paper were the only noises present in the empty room. Torches lined the walls, inbetween countless bookshelves, some new and some claimed by dust. Dally's hand moved over the parchment in front of her carefully and slowly, leaving ink in quick, subtle strokes, as she drew Hiei and thought of his kiss. As she lifted her gaze to the enthralling fire, the flames began to take form. The whisps of fire began to flick in a pattern to form a slender nose, then a soft chin, as if a face were pushing through it like a barrier. The silhouette, a woman's face, was clearly visible, and the flames began to burn blue, save for the area making up the eyes, which glowed an intense yellow.

"Hello," called the fire in a familiar voice.

"Mom?" Dally asked, seemingly snapping out of a trance.

The fire slowly grew, and from the ashes of the logs stepped a tall, slim woman's frame. It was clear to Dally that her mother, Mystique, was watching her. Mystique took several steps forward, reducing the sections of wood that her feet came in contact with to smoldering, black spots.

"Now that you are a witch," Mystique said with a slight grin forming on her face, "I can bestow my powers upon you."

The fiery figure reach inside of itself and slowly revealed a small, glass orb. The trinket seemed to come to life, and began to glow in every color of the rainbow in many short, intense bursts of light.

Dally's body became wracked with pain, and she let out a loud yelp as Mystique faded into a cloud of smoke, leaving behind a gold belt with a large, x-shaped belt buckle.

i am mad that they took my story and rewrote it... ud ont htink tehy will take my ideas and rewrite them better and then sell tehm do you??? maybe i have to pay the m or they will steal my story...

omg this madkes me so sad... i dont want otw rite anymore if ppl will steal my ideas... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dally.omgforum.net
AlrightGuts

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 am

omg!!!! no! ur ritining maks me happy!!! ^^

idont want it 2 change! plus teyr lairs an ther just try 2 steel all ur gud ideass!!!!

its ok dally! *huggles* we luv u!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rollerbear

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:54 am

NO. NONONO.
DON'T FALL FOR THIS.
THEYRE TRYING TO SCAM YOU.

they cant sell the story in the first place.
they dont own the rights to HarryPotter or Twilgiht or Sonic etcetc
becuz this is fanfiction they cant get profit or the riteful owners cana nd will sue

if they take ur idae and put it on anuther site, u can ask the owners of the site to taek the story down.

WE LIKE THE WYA UR RITING.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 am

Obviously you shouldn't listen to them if they're asking for money! And don't worry about them selling the story, FTS is a fanfiction, and it's technically illegal to sell fanfics without permission of the rights holder.

Just ignore them. Like the person above stated, they're probably trying to scam you, so it's best that you either ignore them, or decline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
die to death

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:52 am

Oh no Dally, please don't! Just ignore them.

We love your story so much, don't let other people discourage your writing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeachToker

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:30 am

First off it isn't going to be stolen. They made no mention of posting it anywhere else.

Second, people have their material re-written all over the internet all the time. If a blog is making money, you can assure that all posts are proof read and edited.

Third, along with yours, most of the English I've been reading around here is terribly broken? l2english?

Also, Harry Potter and Twilight are sub par pieces of literature that I would rate over 9000 below the Guinness Book of World Records, which is incredibly boring to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Next Ritalin

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:25 am

Don't do it, Dally! The way you right is part of what makes your story so unique and is what draws people to it. If you were to change it, I think you would lose alot of fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwarf

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Yur good Dally, ur riting makes me shmile!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professors Macnoggle

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 pm

I can't believe someone actually had the gall to send you that.

Dallydear, don't listen to them. They certainly can't sell your story, and you certainly shouldn't have to pay them anything to edit your story.

I would have come back with something like, "But why should I pay you when you obviously have no life since you did the first chapter for free?"

The story is fine, there's no need to try to perfect it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwarf

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 pm

Professors Macnoggle wrote:
I can't believe someone actually had the gall to send you that.

Dallydear, don't listen to them. They certainly can't sell your story, and you certainly shouldn't have to pay them anything to edit your story.

I would have come back with something like, "But why should I pay you when you obviously have no life since you did the first chapter for free?"

The story is fine, there's no need to try to perfect it.
Exactly, the story is yours. Who are they to tell you to change it? That's rediculous!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grred

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Love, we love the way you write. Don't ever change. We love you Dally!! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MUSTIQUES POWERS

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 am

PAY DEM TO MESS UP UR AHMAZING STORY?
DONT DO EET!

WE LUV YOUR STORI JUS THE WAY IT IS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dangerosu

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes... Wait, what? Oh I mean no, don't do that. I think... Sorry, I am high right now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
He smeared warmly.

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:47 pm

NOOONONONONOO

Don't change it! its fine the way it is! you evoke so many emotions, and get people deeply involved with the characters. your writing makes me laugh, cry, smile and feel! i have not read any thing in my life time more classic, more moving, more mysterious then this epic story. you could turn this into a novel and make millions! you are a literary genius, who is among the ranks of mark twain, Stephen king, tom Clancy, Raymond E fiesta!

keep writing, keep inspiring!!

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SO IS YOUR WRITING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dally.omgforum.net/index.htm
FaceTheStrangeSucks

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Why do you even need to ask? YES.
Why does everyone think this is a scam? Small fee, yes. But it's worth it.
I'm glad someone asked. I'd love to meet these people, and thank them.
Half the crap the original has is either spelled wrong, or just doesn't make sense.
My advice? DO IT. What's the worst that could happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
High and Violet Hiei

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Don't listen to the guy above me. Just look at his username. He's dissing your story.

Just look at how many people love your story the way it is. Don't listen to those scumbags. Too many people admire you, don't let them down but letting someone bring you down!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/9532847
It's a bear white leg

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:26 am

DON'T DO IT DALLY, IT'S TOO DANGEROSU.

If you get your story proofread and changed, I won't love it anymore! I LOVE YOU AND FACE THE STRANGE, DALLY. ALL THE LITTLE MISTAKES ARE LOVED. DON'T LISTEN TO THE GUY 2 POSTS ABOVE ME. JUST LOOK AT THEM. THEIR NAME IS 'IHATE FACETHESTRANGE' THEY'RE DISSING YOUR STORY!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 pm

They should be ashamed for asking you a ridiculous thing. The little mistakes in your story make it unique, and I love the fact that it is not perfect. Don't do it please, no body is perfect, so why should be literature, science, and the rest of the world have to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kristalizabeth.deviantart.com
turningcumintowater

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:07 am

Don't do it. Plain and simple.

Besides why pay people to edit your story? Silliness right there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP441_The_Only

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 pm

First you gotta make your history good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cloro

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 am

@SP441_The_only: You're right. So right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
first time having a penis

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:47 pm

dun do eet! Mad

ti amke me sad ifu du No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
He Was Tumors

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:08 pm

please dont ever change Dally!!! YOUR WRITING IS FINE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GillyWeed

PostSubject: RE: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:57 pm

First of all: they cannot sell your story because of copyright issues. You took a lot of characters from different shows and stories, therefore they cannot sell it.

Secondly, no one's going to want to steal your ideas because everyone who would even be interested already has a story like this. Maybe they're better written, maybe they aren't; but regardless of which there is an outside character with the writer's favorite characters involved in the story and they are all in love with the OC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grred

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:39 am

HAY, U! ^^^^^^

Shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??   

Back to top Go down

shud i pay to hav my story profesenally edited??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1